- PM Said: "From this evening I must give the British people a very simple instruction - you must stay at home," says Mr Johnson, speaking to the UK.
Restrictions placed on when people can leave home
Boris Johnson has just announced a raft of restrictions people in the UK are being urged to follow. From tonight, people will be allowed to leave their homes for:
shopping for basic necessities, as infrequently as possible
one form of exercise a day - for example a run, walk, or cycle, alone or with members of their household;
any medical need, to provide care or to help a vulnerable person;
travelling to and from work, but only where it is absolutely necessary and cannot be done from home
This is not a lockdown, but it's as close as you can get to one without it being called a lockdown.
- PM: Police will have power to enforce rules
- PM: No gatherings of more than two people
- UK restrictions for at least three weeks
- Johnson: We will come through this stronger than ever
Source from: https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-52000039